Kasta Morrely Association implements the international training Intercultural Learning towards Sustainable Fashion.
The training is part of the European project “Fashion Sustainability in the Spotlight, New Trends of Intercultural Learning“. The project is co-funded by the Creative Europe program of the European Union. International partners are Intercultural for All Organization from Portugal and Sfax University from Tunisia.
The Training Intercultural Learning towards Sustainable Fashion takes place between 21-28 March 2021 in a mixed online and face-to-face format in Iasi, Romania.
The training is supported by an international team of trainers from Sfax University from Tunisia, Intercultural for All Organizationfrom Portugal and Kasta Morrely Association from Romania consisting in:
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Amine Haj Taieb, Director of Studies of the Higher Institute of Arts and Crafts in Sfax, University of Sfax Tunisia;
- Prof. Dr. Omar Taktak, Associate Professor in Textile Clothing Design in Higher Institute of Arts and Crafts in Sfax, Sfax University of Tunisia;
- Prof. Dr. Souhir Abdelmoula, Associate Professor in Textile Clothing Design in Higher Institute of Arts and Crafts in Sfax, Sfax University of Tunisia;
- Alexandre Coutinho, President of Intercultural for All Organization in Portugal;
- Ricardo Coutinho, Vice President of Intercultural for All Organization in Portugal;
- Dr. Ana Hriscu, Executive President of Kasta Morrely Association, Ph.D. in Ethics applied to the field of fashion and Fashion Theater®;
- Mihaela Clincu – Director of Development and Innovation Kasta Morrely.
The training is addressed to young people at beginning of career in the fields of creative industries from Romania, motivated by professional development through theoretical and applied training. The main topics addressed in the training sessions are: intercultural learning, non-formal education, creative entrepreneurship, sustainable fashion, fashion design, fashion theater® and image promotion.
The sessions are implemented through formal methods of transmitting specialized information and non-formal methods.
Intercultural learning, education for sustainable fashion and the performing arts are approached in a complementary way to develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to adopt a sustainable lifestyle, to build an inclusive, cohesive and environmentally friendly society. Supporting the development of young people’s skills is a practical way to valorize the benefits of creativity and stimulate innovation in the creative industries sector.
We are pleased to announce that the International training „Intercultural Learning towards Sustainable Fashion” ended successfully.
The training included the transmission of theoretical, technical and conceptual information, the development among participants of skills such as the collection and selection of specialized information in the field of fashion, the application of creative research methods and applied methods in European cultural policies.
The sessions had a complementary approach through the specific topics of fashion design, graphics, ways of transmitting culture and values through fashion design, introduction of traditional specifics in fashion design, sustainable fashion, developing a successful brand in sustainable fashion, communication strategies in entrepreneurship, ethics and Fashion Theater®.
Among the participants’ appreciations we mention:
– “ the information was structured so as to be easy to understand, which contributed to a clear and balanced assimilation process ”,
– “ every day brought something new, valuable that will always remain in our minds, as well as in our heart ”,
– “ the involvement, expertise and way of communication of the trainers were efficient and at the highest level of professionalism ”,
– “ we had the opportunity to learn from the best in these fields, which we are very happy, and their qualification and knowledge were felt at every word ”,
– “ both the practical organization and logistics supported the development of activities in an optimal way ”,
– “ the usefulness of the received information reaches the highest standard, due to the efficiency in the implementation of training course, through clarity and professionalism”.